Intended for joyous “me” time, with a cup of milk and a smug smile.
Triple Chocolate Cookies
65g margarine or butter (I use Stork in baking and probably always will)
50g caster sugar
25g light brown sugar
Few drops of vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon of baking powder (GF)
60g Doves Farm Gluten-free plain flour
30g cocoa powder
40g white chocolate buttons
40g milk chocolate buttons
1) Preheat the oven to 190°C. Line a large baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2) Gently melt the margarine in a saucepan on a low heat. Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, combine both sugars. Then add the melted marg.
3) Using a fork, beat the egg with the vanilla in a small bowl until thoroughly combined, then stir into the margarine and sugar.
4) Sift the flour, cocoa and baking powder into the bowl and stir. When thoroughly combined, add your chocolate buttons.
5) Using a tablespoon, scoop the mixture onto the lined baking tray, setting the cookies well apart to allow for spreading.
6) Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes until the cookies are just firm.
7) Leave to cool on the tray for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.