Take a traditional British dish, sprinkle over some Turkish meatball spice, along with some chilli flakes and tumeric. Wack it in the oven till it’s good and hot, with the cheese melted and the potato top crunchy. Now that is a supper worth eating.
Turkish Shepherd’s pie
250g lamb mince
1 red onion, peeled and diced
1/2 courgette, diced
1 mug full of frozen mixed vegetables
1tsp Turkish meatball spice
1/2tsp chilli flakes
a scant sprinkle of tumeric
1tbsp tomato puree, dissolved in a little water
mashed potato (as much as you desire)
1) Sauté the onion and courgette in olive oil until soft. Set the potatoes to boil and simmer until soft.
2) Add the frozen veg and cook until softened.
3) Add the mince and cook until no pink remains.
4) Sprinkle over the spice and season with salt and pepper. Add the tomato puree and stir through. Simmer for a few minutes whilst you prepare the mash.
5) Add the mince mix to your chosen vestibule then top with the mash, make peaks for good crispiness. Sprinkle the cheese on top.
6) Bake in the oven for twenty minutes and grill for 5 minutes to brown.