Everybody has their recipe for porridge and here is mine. I am fortunate enough to be able to eat oats without consequence, but you can always use specialist gluten free versions.
200ml semi-skimmed milk
45g porridge oats
15g oat bran
1 medium banana
1 tsp honey
1) Pour the milk into a pan and add the oats and oat bran. Heat to a medium-low heat.
2) Stir frequently but not consistently, and be patient. The best porridge takes time.
3) When the porridge has thickened slightly, but there is still some liquid remaining, add half of the banana, chopped into slices.
4) Turn up the heat to medium and stay with it, stirring. You don’t want to boil the milk because it will taste bleurgh.
5) When the porridge has thickened to your liking, put in a bowl, top with the remaining banana, the honey and sprinkle over some mix seeds. Dig in.