The clock ticks, the days turn and before you know it, it’s high time for another blog post. My darling friend made this dish during a lovely weekend , and I couldn’t resist recreating it in the Nook. I pimped mine with crumbled burger, pesto and a lovely side of fresh spinach.
Gluten Free Pasta Bake
(makes three portions)
1 onion, peeled and diced
1 red pepper, de-seeded and chunked
1 yellow pepper, de-seeded and chunked
1 courgette, sliced
1 garlic clove, peeled and grated
1 carton chopped tomatoes
2 good quality beef burgers (feel free to use minced beef)
1 tbsp green pesto
GF lasagne sheets
cheese (pick your poison)
1) Heat some sunflower in a large pan until quite hot. Add the peppers and onion, turn down the heat and relish the sizzle. After a few minutes of cooking, add the courgette. Preheat the main oven to 200C
2) Once the vegetables have softened slightly, add the garlic and saute for a couple of minutes. Add the burger pieces and cook until no pink parts remain.
3) Stir through the chopped tomatoes, adding the water from a half filled carton to get out all the tomatoey goodness from within – does anyone else do this? Stir through the pesto and season.
4) Bring the concoction to the boil then turn off the heat. Layer the sauce with the lasagne sheets in a suitable vestibule, ensuring the pasta is covered well. Finish with a layer of sauce.
5) Place in the oven for 45 minutes. Sprinkle the cheese on top, then return to the grill for a further five minutes. Heat warning, this dish will be mighty hot on your plate!